Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 18,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Job Purpose
Under general direction, analyzes, decomposes, and specifies requirements based upon understanding of business applications and engineering principles. Creates design artifacts and documentation using software engineering conventions to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers. Able to develop and implement detailed and complex algorithms for engineering solutions. Works with technical staff to understand problems with solutions, algorithms, and applications of engineering and mathematical principles. Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from third-party customers. Participates in the development of software user manuals. May assist in the planning and coordination of projects. Works with software test teams to design and develop testing strategies. Assists with the definition, implementation, assessment, measurement, management, change, and improvement of the software life cycle process. Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience & Education Required:
- Develop and maintain production optimization software for use in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Contribute to the creation of system and product design, and interface definitions. Participate in change control of products.
- Perform requirements analysis to assist with defining product requirements and product conceptualization.
- Assist Product Line Management, Support, Deployment, and Service organizations, as well as other development teams.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- B.S. or higher in Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years of related experience
- Master's degree in related fields
- Experience in data analytics and related fr amework, algorithms, tools