Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 18,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Job Purpose
This position is for a Senior Software Developer on a team responsible for implementing device drivers for the CygNet SCADA application. The primary responsibility is to develop and maintain software that communicates with hardware that is used to monitor resources in the oil and gas industry.
This position requires excellent technical skills plus the ability to mentor less experienced team members. Activities also include testing and debugging of new or existing software, making suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements and assisting in the development of user manuals. Our small and self-organizing teams employ agile processes and techniques to create a challenging and high performing software development organization. Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience & Education
- Participate as a high level technical expert, using knowledge of hardware and software capabilities to create robust, scalable data acquisition software solutions.
- Work with product management and hardware and software experts to analyze requirements and translate into software development tasks.
- Play a leadership role in planning, coordinating and executing software development activities.
- Work effectively with other developers, QA, support and documentation staff on an Agile Scrum team to create software that is accurate, robust and maintainable.
- 5 years of programming experience
- E./B.Tech. or M.E./M.Tech./M.S. degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.