Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 18,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Job Purpose
Weatherford's Production business is seeking a Software Engineer who is responsible for developing and maintaining SCADA applications. Responsibilities include designing and implementing software components as a developer, working with QA team members, formulating software requirements with product owners, and interacting with support staff to resolve customer issues. Develops high-performing C# .NET client application components. Works in an Agile process environment. Object-oriented programming skills are required. Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience & Education
- Participate as a developer to apply a broad understanding of computer science and engineering to create software solutions.
- Development of high-performing C# .NET client side components using WPF etc.
- Work closely with QA personnel on test automation and test design.
- Work with Support and QA to ensure high priority issues are diagnosed and resolved quickly.
- Participate in the development of software user manuals. Document software designs.
- Assist in training less-experienced software staff.
- Available to work off hours with remote teams.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required:
- At least 3 years of experience in a software product development.
- B.E./B.Tech. or M.E./M.Tech. /M.S. degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.
- Excellent C# .NET, WPF programming and debugging skills.
- Experience in .NET libraries (LINQ, Collections, Forms, IO, etc.)
- Experience in .NET Multi-threading, Tasking.
- Strong object-oriented software development skills on MS Windows.
- Test automation tools and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others within a distributed team environment
- Experience in Modern C++ programming is a plus.
- Experience in using SQL databases is a plus.
- Experience with Agile software development processes is a plus.
- Experience with process automation systems such as SCADA is a plus.