Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perry, Florida, United States
Wood is currently sourcing a Millwright Helper with 1 to 3 years of experience for our Perry, Florida project to install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings.
U.S. only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Reads and interprets blueprints, layout plans, vendor installation and operation manuals, and other schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Dismantles machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
- Moves machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shaffing, conveyors and tram rails, using cranes, hand tools and power tools
- Constructs foundation for machines using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, cement and steel
- Aligns machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers and plumb bob
- Must have knowledge of optical and laser alignments
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work
- Plan work and select proper tools
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects
- Visualize objects in three dimensions form plans and drawings
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria
- Perform a variety of duties, which may change often
- Operate machinery
- Work at heights without fear
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.