Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
United States of America - Texas, Dallas
AECOM is expanding its dynamic and innovative transportation planning team in Texas and is looking for a Texas State Planning Leader to help grow AECOM's Texas planning business with TxDOT and other clients in major metro markets. In joining our team, you will significantly contribute to the development of the largest projects in Texas and provide our range of clients with innovative and market leading solutions. This position will be responsible for business development and leading and developing deputy project managers. Ideal candidates will have a desire to grow their career and take on roles of increasing responsibility.As the Texas State Transportation Planning Leader you will:
- Conduct business development to secure new clients and projects. This includes identifying and tracking pursuits and participating in and/or leading proposals.
- Be challenged to develop and execute a strategy to grow the transportation planning business in Texas, specifically with TxDOT.
- Lead a team of experienced and emerging professionals with responsibilities for people management, project management and business development.
- Partner with and provide high quality technical advice to clients on transportation matters and identify innovative solutions to solve real world challenges.
- Be responsible for project delivery to program, budget and quality expectations.
- Retain and manage relationships with existing clients and external stakeholders.
- Lead and serve as project manager of large multi-discipline transportation planning projects.
- Mentor and train younger staff
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
- As populations grow so do demands for safe, expedient and cost-effective transportation. AECOM's Transportation business line partners with clients around the world to build, modernize and expand transportation projects that carry all of our communities into the future - safely and reliably.
- We use our extensive knowledge in planning, designing and managing transportation systems - as well as restoring and replacing aging infrastructure - to help our public and private clients find smarter, more advanced ways to move people across cities, countries and continents.
- Our integrated approach and social responsibility have earned us the trust of local municipalities, government agencies, commercial clients and public-private partnerships. Our expertise and global reach enable us to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients that pave the way for long-lasting benefits to society.
BA/BS + 10 YORE or AA/AS (US) + 12 YORE or Diploma/Certificate (Canada) +12 YORE or HS/GED + 14 YORE; all including a minimum of 2 years of leadership
BS in Engineering
Texas PE License
15+ years of relevant experience in Transportation Planning
Business Development Experience
Experience Leading Planning teams and operations
Sponsorship is not available for this position at this time
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Planning
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 240245BR
Additional Locations US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy Freeway
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.