Skills: Environmental Engineer, Mining
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Intermediate Mining Environmental Consultant to join our team based out of our new Oakville office. Our team provides best in class environmental consulting support for the development, operation and closure of Ontario mining projects / mines.
We are looking for an individual to help our core areas of - preparation of Impact / Environmental Assessments and approval documentation for Ontario mining projects. You will also lead or help prepare documentation to support the approval of mining projects, working with our other discipline areas, including geotechnical engineering and natural sciences.
- As part of a highly skilled team, provide technical and regulatory support to mining projects and mines, working collaboratively with our in-house experts in hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, aquatic resources and geotechnical engineering
- Lead / manage mining environmental consulting assignments or components of assignments, depending on the scale of the projects and your ability - our projects range in scale from a few thousand dollars completed over a few weeks, to projects that last years with budgets in the the millions of dollars
- Take responsibility for preparation of high quality project documents adhering to Wood's requirements for quality, as well as our client's schedule and budget expectations
- Liaise effectively with clients, multi-disciplinary design teams and regulators
- Mentor, coach and train less experienced professionals as required, encouraging growth and success within the team
Skills / Qualifications
- Five (5) or more years of related experience with a proven ability.
- Exceptional communicator (both written and verbal) in English.
- Strong understanding of mining, ideally in northern environments. Experience at a mine site would be an asset.
- Self-starter who is committed to quality and enjoys working in a team environment
- High degree of technical competence and understanding of mining / natural resource development
- Experienced with the Ontario and Federal regulatory regimes, and environmental approvals processes applicable to metal mining
- Master's decree in a related discipline from a recognized university with progressive experience, ideally
- Valid Ontario driver's license and ability to travel, primarily for meetings and/or consultation events
Role commensurate with experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.