Skills: Civil Engineering, Design Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Municipal Engineer. This position could be out of our Burlington OR Cambridge OR Richmond Hill, Ontario offices.
Wood is seeking a motivated individual who combines strong technical skills with a keen interest in team leadership, project management, and business development. The successful candidate will have experience in a variety of municipal infrastructure projects including linear infrastructure (water, sanitary storm) and water and wastewater pumping facilities.
- Preparation of preliminary designs, design briefs and detailed designs for water and wastewater projects including linear infrastructure, sewage pumping stations, and water booster stations.
- Coordination of design activities with other disciplines (Environmental, Geotechnical, Piping, Mechanical, Civil/Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control, etc.).
- Preparation of contract documents, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Liaison with client, authorities, regulatory agencies, and contractors.
- Development and promotion of engineering safety in design initiatives.
- Supporting business development and marketing initiatives.
- Preparation of proposals and scope development, including Conceptual designs and execution plans, Engineering/project cost estimates and schedules.
- Provision of leadership, training and mentoring to less experienced team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills are mandatory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment.
- Proficient technical skills in municipal water distribution and wastewater collection and treatment.
- B.SC. or B.Eng. in Civil Engineering, M.Eng a plus.
- Registered with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design and management of projects involving design and construction of municipal infrastructure including earthworks, site layout, grading/drainage, municipal roads, sidewalks, parking lots, subdivisions, watermains, water booster stations, storm sewers and culverts, wastewater pump station design, and wastewater conveyance systems (gravity & force mains).
- Experience with Stormwater Pumping Stations would be considered a strong asset.
- The ability and desire to provide mentoring and technical support to junior staff members.
- The ability to coordinate with utility owners, regulators, municipalities, and other stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario West/Greater Toronto & Hamilton markets would be considered an asset.
- The candidate must possess the following characteristics:
- Impeccable Integrity
- Strong Work Ethic
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.