Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an immediate career opportunity for a Database Specialist to join our Warner Robins, GA team to support commercial, Department of Defense and US Air Force Projects.
- Development of systems applications, database designs, database programming, and networking.
- Writing scripts, stored procedures and functions for database systems.
- Developing and authoring database and complex SQL statements.
- Developing and authoring projects in Microsoft Access and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Programming, developing statistics, system architecture diagrams and data analytics.
- Manage data exporting and importing across multiple database systems.
- Manage database enhancements and modifications per client's request.
- Provide functional and technical support to ensure performance, operation and stability of database systems and applications.
- Assist in planning and implementing data integration and data migration activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- 8 - 10+ years of experience as a Database Programmer or Developer
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites across the United States
- Strong communications, organization and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, SharePoint)
- Advance proficiency in SQL, Java
- Must pass drug test, physical, company background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Must pass Government and DoD Background check with Favorable rating
- Bachelors in a technical field such as Mathematics, Information Technology, or Computer Science.
- ArcGIS Server management experience.
- DoD Systems, Applications, Network and/or Server administration
- Majority of work is completed in office/administrative environment; may involve exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to move objects, including the human body.
- Must be able to stand/work for up to 10 hours/day
- May travel frequently to project sites, including sites remote from the office.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.