Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, experienced Administrative Assistant with 5 to 10 years experienc e to support the North Atlantic Operations Leadership Team. The successful candidate will also provide office administrative support to the North Atlantic Operations consisting of Offices located in ME, CT, and NY. This is a full-time position located in Portland, ME.
The ideal candidate will possess superior time management, organizational, and prioritization skills; ability to handle a wide range of administrative related tasks, and work independently with little or no supervision. Be exceedingly well organized, flexible, possess strong communication skills and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a Leadership Team within a global organization. The Administrative Assistant must handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. S/he will have proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from multiple external and internal sources. S/he will need to be dynamic, high-energy, and possess the business acumen to think strategically, prioritize work and offer solutions.
Skills / Qualifications
- Providing administrative support to North Atlantic Leadership Team consisting of the Operations Manager and (three) Service Line Leaders
- Provide high level clerical and office administrative and facilities support to the North Atlantic Operations staff located in ME, CT, and NY
- Learn and understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure efficient operations and appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
- Work with project administrators and the North Atlantic Leadership Team to ensure that priority obligations are met
- Business compliance tracking and assistance
- Supporting HR with new employee on-boarding and annual benefits enrollment
- Prepare presentations for Operations meetings
- Organizing and hosting Operations meetings
- Coordinate and make arrangements for conference calls and meetings
- Book travel for Operations Leadership Team, and prepare operational expense reports
- Assure proper electronic file structure and server maintenance
- Act as a liaison for Global IT support
- Perform occasional financial data collection, reporting, and presentation
- Conduct word processing, editing, and document preparation of letters and reports
- Availability to work outside normal business hours on a limited basis, as required
- Demonstrated (5 to 10 years) experience working within a mulitfacetd office environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite - Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Teams, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated previous experience in word processing, spreadsheet function, and presentation preparation
- Knowledge of Civil and/or Environmental Engineering Consulting field is very desirable
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. without painful stress or injury
- Ability to sit long periods of time without painful stress or injury
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.