Do you strive to create more connected, sustainable communities with impactful traffic solutions? So do we!
By joining our Chicago team of transportation professionals, we'll rely on your expertise with traffic analysis, traffic simulation, transportation impact analysis, multi-modal complete streets, safety studies, urban street design, stakeholder engagement, and technical communications to shape lasting solutions which will improve safety, comfort, and traffic operations for all roadway users.
You'll interact daily with Chicago Department of Transportation staff, and will develop deep relationships and understanding of CDOT standards and processes.
We'll provide you career growth by asking you to mentor less experienced teammates as well as work direct with clients
We want you to empower you to think beyond and innovate! **Along with your resume, please include a COVER LETTERQualifications:What You'll Need
Ideally You'll Also Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or related field
- Valid drivers' license
- At least 4-8 years of traffic engineering experience
- Demonstrated software skills in MicroStation
- PE (Professional Engineering) license
- PTOE (Professional Traffic Operations Engineer) certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of both CDOT (Chicago Department of Transportation) and IDOT (Illinois Department of Transportation) standards
- Demonstrated software skills in Synchro and ArcGIS
- Ability to attend public meetings occasionally
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.