Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood India is currently recruiting for Electrical Designers on direct contract to be based at our office in Chennai. The incumbent should be conversant in S3D, Autocad, Microstation, Power Draft & Dialux Lighting Design Software. As part of our diversity hiring initiative, prefer talents across genders.
Skills / Qualifications
Qualification & Experience :
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering with 5 - 15 years of experience in
- Single Line and Three Line Drawings
- Motor control schematics
- Substation Layout Design, transformer yard layouts
- Conversant with IEC and NEC standards on spacing and clearances for electrical layout design
- Overhead cable tray rack design and routing
- Earthing/Grounding Layouts
- Lighting and Lightning Protection Layouts
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Preparation of installation details for electrical equipment, cable trays, grounding, lighting and small power.
- Panel Schedules and Interconnection Diagrams
- PA/Communication Layout
- S3D modelling of Transformer, Switchgear, MCC, Trays, Lights, Sockets, Grounding, Control Stations, LCPs etc. including extraction from S3D model to 2D
- Cable routing and scheduling
- Bulk material preparation and extraction of MTO reports from S3D model.
- Conducting/Participation in key mile-stone model reviews
- Proactive inter-disciplinary coordination, team-check and quality compliance process
Tools / Software Proficiency:
S3D, Autocad, Microstation, Power Draft & Dialux Lighting Design Software.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.