Baker Hughes has an opening for a Wireline Operator. Under direct supervision receives and follows specific detailed instructions. Carries out all required responsibilities safely as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations, and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals. Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements, and Baker Hughes Core Values.Essential Responsibilities:
- Preparing for jobs and performing tool maintenance, pre-job and, post-job tool checkout.
- Rigging-up and rigging-down equipment at the well site.
- Service mechanical devices and building logging cable heads
- Perforating cable heads and maintenance on the tools
- Maintaining well site/DOT records and communications as required by District Manager
- Completing job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew
- Promoting and maintaining good customer relations
- Receiving instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on well site activity
- Performing basic duties at the well site and at the shop
- Driving company vehicles in a safe manner while observing Company and government regulations
- Participating in quality improvement efforts for ballistics operations
- May supervise and train other Field Operators while maintaining a high level of safety awareness at the well site
- Performing other related duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Class A or B CDL
- Strong mechanical aptitude Ability to work and communicate well with customers and employees
- The ability to work on-call 24x7 and flexibility to work at well sites for extended periods of time
- Hold a clean driving record and the ability to pass a federal background check
- Ability to utilize computers for communication, reporting, and other work-related purposes
- Must be 21 years of age or older in order to obtain ATF explosives certification
- Previous Military experience
- Previous oilfield experience
- CDL Hazmat endorsement
- Career-minded individuals with a strong work ethic are preferred.
- Previous experience as a Wireline Field Operator
Oklahoma City, OKAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.