Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: La Porte, Texas, United States
Wood is currently searching for a Instrument & Electrical Project Manager experienced in the chemical manufacturing industry with hands-on instrument & electrical work. As the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing small facility based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of our customer's capital project's group in Bayport, Texas.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Ensure that clear and complete scopes, schedules, and budgets are prepared and accepted by the client for assigned projects
- Develop and documents the execution plan for each project which is scaled to the size and complexity of that project
- Determine the resources needed by the project in order to execute it efficiently
- Is responsible for applying sound engineering practices
- Provide guidance to the project team to accomplish the scope of work and achieve project goals, schedule milestones and cost & quality objectives
- Responsible for prompt recognition, documentation, and communication of scope and design changes and for client authorization prior to scope changes
- Maintain and tracks scope, schedule, cost, and quality trends throughout the project
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all deliverables and services provided by the project
- Hold regular project meetings and communicates regularly to keep all team members and project stake holders up to date on the status of the project, progress against milestones, costs, schedule progress, and other critical or contractual items
- Work with on-site and external construction and maintenance contractors to assure that projects are completed as intended
- Has responsibility for project completion, including quality of deliverables, and closeout
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of Industrial Experience working as a project engineer or project manager
- Experience managing projects in a chemical manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of and experience with the instrumentation and electrical technology currently being used in the chemical manufacturing industry
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Ability to quickly comprehend the scope of work for a project
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good presentation skills
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Professional Engineering License (P.E.) a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.