Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Richmond, California, United States
Are you looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as we are looking for Mechanical Technician in Richmond, CA. Wood offers full time medical benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and much more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Works rotating (Day, Swing and Grave) shifts.
- Operates automotive test engines and vehicles according to established specifications.
- Monitors all operations and makes necessary adjustments to control systems to ensure specification compliance.
- Performs diagnosis of problems and makes repairs to test engines and control systems.
- Maintains adequate fuel supply to all engines and vehicles.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is essential.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience working with automotive engines or mechanical systems -Formal technical training in automotive mechanic/technology (ASE Certified or similar certification).
- Experience working in a technical environment.
- General engine knowledge through recent education or work experience as a mechanic.
- Monitoring and adjusting process control systems.
- Formal training in electronic instrumentation.
- Basic math skills (algebra).
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Basic computer skills, experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Formal training in automotive technology, electronics, or automated control systems -Experience working shift work / off hours (highly desirable).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.