Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Weatherford is seeking to hire a Legal Counsel in Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
The principal objective is to provide legal support to Weatherford's operations in the United Kingdom and Norway. The successful candidate will be expected to perform the role consistent with Weatherford's risk principles, internal policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating customer contracts - including agreements for sales, services and/or rental.
- Ensuring the proper approval and execution of contracts consistent with Weatherford global policies and procedures.
- Providing legal support to the supply chain, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating procurement contracts and a range of commercial agreements across the supply chain.
- Providing support on UK employment law matters.
- Providing corporate legal support and assisting with the management of the Weatherford Group's UK subsidiaries.
- Advising on the legal aspects of commercial property matters, including lease management, licenses and sale agreements.
- Managing disputes and litigation, including the appointment and coordination of outside counsel.
- Developing and delivering training to Weatherford personnel in various areas, including commercial contract risk management.
- Working closely with the Compliance team and providing support in relation to data protection, anti-corruption, trade compliance and the Weatherford Code of Conduct.
- Providing ad hoc legal support on intellectual property issues, intercompany transactions and corporate treasury matters.
- Managing projects within a budget and ensuring efficient spend on outside counsel and external professional service providers.
- Qualified solicitor in Scotland or England and Wales.
- Minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience, preferably with in-house experience with an oilfield services company.
- Experience in oilfield services contracts.
- Experience with UK employment, property and corporate law would be preferred.
- Strong understanding of UKCS indemnity structures and contracting principle.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Ability to handle high volume of work and prioritise accordingly.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects with various stakeholders.
- Comfortable interfacing with senior management.
- Flexibility to travel to various Weatherford locations.
- Norwegian Contract/Legal experience would be beneficial.