Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services.
Working within Jacob's NDA Estates business unit you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging nuclear decommissioning projects for a wide range of clients, gaining experience in the design and development of innovative engineering solutions. You will have the chance to work alongside experienced engineers, giving you the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and skills which will enable you to develop and progress your career.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Line management of Mechanical and Piping team
• Support to lead team to provide growth and direction of Mechanical capability
• Point of contact for Mechanical and Piping within Warrington business unit
• Resource management and internal development
• Developing a Mechanical and Piping capability that can meet the requirements of a diverse portfolio of work
• Working closely with stakeholders and engaging/ building relationships with other disciplines, such as Process Engineering, Plant/System Engineering, Construction, HVAC
• Lead functional input to projects, ensuring engineering delivery meets legislative compliance, scope, time, cost, and quality
• BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) - Chartered Engineer preferable
• 10 years' design delivery experience, with 5 years minimum experience in the Nuclear Industry
• Proven leadership skills, typically managing 10 or more engineers (single or multi-discipline)
• Proven mentoring skills with developing engineers
• Proven project management skills, engaging with stakeholders, managing cost and budget
• Able to build strong customer relationships, with a focus on growth and opportunity
• A well-rounded background in the Mechanical/ Piping discipline, familiar with relevant aspects of nuclear principles and application of both national, international and client specific design codes and standards.
• Previous experience checking and approving key engineering deliverables such as specifications, manufacturing drawings, calculations, and method statements
• Working knowledge of CE Marking fundamentals, including Machineries Directive and Pressure Equipment Directive
• Proven knowledge of safety case considerations and design fundamentals PUWER, CDM, IRR, LOLER
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - 'BeyondZero'. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.