At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
The successful candidate will operate as a key part of our client's Major Infrastructure Projects team, delivering an important programme of Defence-related infrastructure upgrades over the next 5-10 years. Key Responsibilities include:
is accountable to the Discipline Lead
for delivery of technical outputs and deliverables to appropriate quality.
is accountable to the relevant Project Manager(s)
for the delivery of technical outputs and deliverables to appropriate schedule and cost.
To assist the Discipline Lead in delivery of the electrical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
Responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the electrical engineering packages in line with the planned deliverables agreed by the Discipline Lead.
- Within SQEP profile, preparing and/or checking designs, analyses, reports, drawings, specifications and other documents in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear related plant, facility and equipment within the company's licensed, authorised and operational sites, or in support of external contracts.
- Participate in the problem solving for development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.
- Support the review and sentencing of new designs, methodology of construction and temporary works submitted to the Technical Authority.
- To manage design work packages as appointed by Discipline Lead. Supporting planning of activities, with respect to task durations, level of effort and estimated costs, through to provision of design deliverables with regular schedule reviews and progress reporting, utilising Earned Value Management methodologies, and construction support.
- Make effective use of Learning from Experience information to develop and disseminate theoretical knowledge in relation to practical engineering and to maintain a record of development to substantiate the skills achieved.
- Support development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of Facilities to ensure that they comply with the design intent and standards for Nuclear related Works, together with all relevant Local and National Regulations and Legislation.
- Support the on-site inspection of client assets for their construction, maintenance and modification.
- Maintain familiarity with client procedures used within Facilities Engineering.
Qualifications: Essential Academic:
- Request the necessary support from the Discipline Lead and Design Manager within the constraints of budget and in accordance with the project strategy. Liaise with the Discipline Lead to prioritise assigned projects/work packages.
- Undertake the preparation and checking of design documentation agreed appropriate by the Discipline Lead.
- Develop & implement the Engineering Management Plan for packages within scope and ensure appropriate direction to ensure the delivery of technical requirements.
- Undertake the planning, estimating and resource management of assigned projects.
- A degree or HND in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council or working towards Chartership.
Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge. Local:
Experience of the following:
- Design of electrical building services, to include fire detection and alarm systems, industrial lighting and emergency lighting, site broadcast (PA) and HVAC;
- Design of low voltage electrical distribution systems;
- Design of control & instrumentation systems;
- Design of communications and data systems;
- Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to post and project requirements.
- Sound understanding of company and departmental procedures relating to Health and Safety, Design and quality
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
- BS1192 BIM files naming conventions, status codes and revisions.
- Using a Common Data Environment (CDE) to follow the PAS1192-2 method of collaboration
- Creating projects using Autodesk Revit software
- Using Revit tools and features to create 3D geometry and 2D drawings of civil, structural and architectural elements
- Creating custom and bespoke Families using Revit
- Revit Phasing and Options features
- Imported point clouds in Revit
- Embedding meta-data in the 3D geometry
- BIM Levels of Definition - Levels of information & Levels of detail
- Generating federated models using Autodesk Navisworks
- Undertaking clash detection using Navisworks
- Preparing 4D models using Navisworks
- Working with the Task Information Delivery Plan (TIDP)
- Working with the Master Information Delivery Plan (MIDP)
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero'
by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM
(Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall
. We are also Disability Confident Committed
; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks,
centred oninclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Due to the nature of the work, successful candidates must be SC cleared (or eligible to secure SC clearance) and must be sole UK nationals.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.