Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sellafield, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the site and company processes are followed and the scope of work is delivered to the appropriate standards.
• Interface with the client, JV members and other contractors
• Management of the JFS painting team as required
• Address any quality issues and determine /implement recovery plans.
• To produce Paint Method Statements relevant to the site specifications.
• Carryout daily inspections in line with relevant ITP.
• To review / approve sub contractor documentation.
• To produce daily inspection reports.
• Carryout joint inspection and sign off of works with the client.
• Raise TQ / Defect reports.
- BGAS/CSWIP Painting Inspector Grade 2 or equivalent, min 5 years on site experience.
- Sellafield site experience at least 2 years in a painting inspection role
- Comprehensive understanding of the Nuclear industry & safety culture
- Availability of full time presence on site
- Availability for shift working (days/nights), weekend working as required.
- Highly skilled in managing teams
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in the key plants within the Separation area at Sellafield
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Computer literate with Word,Office,Excel.
- MEWP/ IPAF Qualified / trained
- Harness training.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.