Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
United States of America - Texas, Houston
AECOM is seeking a Senior Transit/Rail Engineer to be based in Houston, TX.
At AECOM , we believe infrastructure creates an opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
This position is expected to begin in January 2021.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development megaproject, life-sustaining, and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
- As populations grow, so do demands for safe, expedient, and cost-effective transportation. AECOM's Transportation business line partners with clients around the world to build, modernize, and expand transportation projects that carry all of our communities into the future - safely and reliably.
- We use our extensive knowledge in planning, designing, and managing transportation systems - as well as restoring and replacing aging infrastructure - to help our public and private clients find smarter, more advanced ways to move people across cities, countries, and continents.
- Our integrated approach and social responsibility have earned us the trust of local municipalities, government agencies, commercial clients, and public-private partnerships. Our expertise and global reach enable us to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients that pave the way for long-lasting benefits to society.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and provides technical expertise for mid- large-size projects.
- Leads technical client relationships and plays a major role in selling.
- Leads discipline department efforts to grow technical expertise.
- Leads technical business development work.
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Approves and signs off on work.
- A leader in one or more areas of technology.
- Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements on large, complex projects.
This position does not allow for visa sponsorship.
- BA/BS + 10 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Civil Engineer degree preferred and Transit experience, Bus Rapid Transit experience preferred
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 242994BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.