Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Conducts a range of trade-specific inspections on elevators, escalators, mechanized walkways, and/or other lift machinery, verifying that the operation, construction, retrofit, or repair work in the field is performed in accordance with applicable code requirements, drawings, plans, specifications and contract documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs trade specific code and/ or Quality Control inspections on various phases/ aspects of elevator/ lift equipment .
- Detect possible defects and faults in equipment installations , maintenance , or operation and recommend or stipulate appropriate remedial measures per Jurisdictional requirements.
- Accurately reads, interprets, and comprehends equipment operation and installation plans and instructions.
- Utilizes standard testing devices and methods to ensure equipment operation meets established requirements.
- Consistently applies code requirements and related standards in accordance with state, local, and national regulations and department policies.
- Effectively coordinates work schedules with elevator service companies/ technicians to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
- Works cooperatively with property managers, service companies, and the general public.
- Conducts all work operations in accordance with established safety practices, ensuring all work is completed without hazard to self or others.
- Possession of current QEI (Qualified Elevator Inspector) certification OR Five years' experience in the elevator industry performing elevator inspections, service, repairs, and or testing of elevator systems. Education in the engineering discipline may be substituted for two years of field experience.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.