Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Founded in 1934, Parker Drilling provides advanced drilling solutions to the energy industry. We are a technically innovative company providing worldwide drilling services, rental tools and project management, including rig design, construction and operations management.
Perform Quality Assurance and Quality Control Activities at various stages of manufacturing as per international standards, legal, and customer requirements by monitoring all domestically manufactured & repair products to ensure the best quality to the end-user.
- Perform in-process and final inspection as per the drawing, route card, and necessary specification/OMS requirements.
- Perform and maintain the records of the calibration/verification activity of the gauges, measuring, and test equipment with established control features.
- Ensure product license applications and procedures are in compliance as per the licensors requirements
- Perform quality assurance check on tools and equipment before dispatching to customer location
- Any other delegated tasks or responsibilities as required, provided the requests are reasonable and the employee is capable and competent to fulfill them.
- Authorized to stop any unsafe operation or acts within Workshop and site activities
- Ensure the verification of work orders and the Inspection reports and COC to release the product.
- All the process documents shall be inspected before the material is finally released and delivered.
- Receive inspection of raw materials, repair goods, outside processed material & bought out material
- Report non-conformities to the QA/QC Supervisor/ Manager.
- Ensure the identification and traceability of products remain and shall be maintained at each level of operations as well as the inspection status of products shall be maintained at all times.
Necessary qualifications, skills, and abilities
o Minimum of 2 years' experience in QA/QC field
o Experience in the Inspection, Measuring, and Testing equipment and tools (IMTE) oilfield equipment, steel stock, manufacturing and machine shops related jobs.
o Experience in the calibration of IMTE as per API and international standards.
o Preferably knowledge in Oil and Gas experience with machine shop inspection and downhole tools.
o Understanding and knowledge of product and engineering drawings
o Understanding in measuring and monitoring tools and equipment as well as the calibration technique
o Familiar with inspection of all products and services as per quality control plan and specification: API 7-1, API 7-2, and 5CT as well as relevant standards.
o A team player able to work closely with fellow employees at all levels in the organization
o Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
o Good Communication Skills
o Fluently speaking & reading English
o Educated to higher secondary level or equivalent in Mechanical or similar Engineering preferably.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.