Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood is seeking a Intermediate Mechanical Designer to join our Mining & Minerals team at our Saskatoon, SK office . If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Provide technical layout and design of mechanical systems for potash and uranium plants and related infrastructure. This includes mechanical equipment, building services/HVAC, and piping systems.
- Design and drafting of equipment or piping systems in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the client and staff
- Define capital project requirements, prepare scopes of work and project cost estimates
- Develop and maintain positive, sustainable client relationships
- Coordinate and work with other project team members
- Mentor junior members of the team
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Engineering Design & Drafting Technology
- 5+ years of relevant design experience or 2+ years of AVEVA E3D experience.
- Proven experience with AutoCAD and/or AVEVA E3D software and excellent knowledge of 3D design/drafting.
- Piping, Materials handling, and / or HVAC experience is an asset
- Underground experience is an asset
- Construction experience is an asset
- Other mining and potash experience is an asset
- Able to perform calculations for detailed equipment design, such as for tanks, chute work, and launders
- Experience with project controls, budgets and schedules within an engineering consulting environment is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada at time of application
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.