Skills: Mechanical Engineering, HVAC
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Lead HVAC Mechanical Engineer at our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the Mechanical Department Manager, this role has overall responsibility to manage and execute the delivery on a variety of Industrial projects.
- Provide leadership through supervision, mentoring, training and motivation and coordination with the Engineering Manager to identify staffing requirements within the discipline
- Travel to site for facilities reviews, investigations or inspections
- Perform selection, specification and bid evaluation of HVAC equipment; experience with FP also an asset
- Perform vendor document review and approval
- Prepare calculations in accordance with the relevant Wood, Canadian and International Standards
- Work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the industry
- Compile RFQs c/w specifications, scopes and data sheets
- Work in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision
- Perform within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
- Lead a project team of HVAC Engineers and Designers
- Perform scheduling and resource planning for the project mechanical discipline team
- Coordinate engineering work and technical input across areas in a discipline and input into project wide coordination
- Coordinate with other Discipline Leads to ensure a complete functional project and reports on discipline progress to the Engineering Manager
- Participate in establishing Procurement and Contracting Strategies
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, along with the ability to register as a B.C. Professional Engineer
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Industrial projects; as a Client, Supplier or Consultant - Pulp and/or Paper industry projects preferred, but not required
- Experience with equipment calculation software is required
- Demonstrate experience with mainstream engineering software is considered an asset
- Ability to provide technical leadership for material handling projects related to Industrial projects
- Experience with data-centric/integrated engineering environments an asset.
- Written and oral use of conversational and technical English.
- Ability to work out of the office on client sites independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.