Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Estimator to support our growing Renewables (Solar, Wind, Energy Storage) business in the US. The Senior Estimator -Solar/Wind will report to the Chief Estimator and will be responsible for developing accurate, timely estimates for projects to ensure Wood is a responsive bidder. Ideally, the Senior Estimator will be seated in Tucker, GA, but for the right candidate, this position can be seated out of any of Wood's US offices.
This is a highly visible role, and an opportune time to join Wood. Our Renewables business is targeted for growth and has built a strong presence in the market. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have a solid and varied estimation background. An individual with a logical, thorough approach to estimation, combined with strong leadership and communication skills will thrive in this environment.
Key Responsibilities :
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and ethical behavior when representing the Company
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications
- Effectively manage the bid process from start to finish
- Develop complete understanding of the project and proposal requirements to ensure fully responsive submissions
- Prepares instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information as required
- Receive and analyze subcontractor bids
- Review preliminary qutes and pre-bid estimates with Chief Estimator
- Prepare conceptual estimates
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- Identifies and quantifies potential cost uncertainties to ensure costing models capture the full range of potential costs.
- Updates costs as necessary based on new information and project scope changes.
- Close out bids or final pricing for submission
- Work with Operations to develop project staffing plans and assemble project General Conditions estimate
- Work with Operations and Scheduling to coordinate approach to the project to ensure that the estimate reflects sequencing and durations
- Work with Supply Chain in the management of the company subcontractor database and subcontractor prequalification process
- Ensure effective turn-over of successful bids, including contractual scope of work development, to Supply Chain for contract administration
- Support project management as necessary including providing estimates for large changes in scope and evaluating estimated vs. actual cost.
- Interface with subcontractors, owners, and various departments
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 7 years estimating experience, with a minimum of 3 years estimating for Renewables projects
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience leading and producing estimates at all phases of document completion
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (with advanced skills in Excel)
- Proficiency in the use of electronic estimating software (Sage, Timberline, Accubid etc) OR on-screen take-off software (Bluebeam, On Center On-Screen Take-Off) a strong asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with creative solution and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction costs and principles
- Willing and available to travel on an as needed basis
- Must be US Citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.