Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for a experienced Senior HVAC Engineer with extensive experience in the design of Data Centre and Pharamceutical industry.
The Sr. HVAC Engineer will be accountable for carrying out the conceptual, basic and detailed design and specification of HVAC Systems of large Data Centre to client's requirements. The position is responsible for ensuring that all HVAC work on the Project is successfully executed and completed to high quality .
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Design work of required project buildings considering the Functional and Engineering Specifications as detailed by the client.
- Design Basis, HVAC Calculations and analysis, Design schemes including generation of all key drawings like Zone and pressure diagram, Air Flow and Instrumentation diagram, Air flow Pattern plan drawings.
- Technical expertise in relevant design software for HVAC Engineering Design.
- Participation in Reliability and Redundancy studies, incorporation in system design and interfaces requirements.
- Review, supervision of 3D Model and CAD based deliverables. Assist in internal and external model reviews.
- HVAC Material & equipment specification, Equipment Mechanical Datasheets, Equipment List and Schedules.
- Material Requisitions, Subcontract Requisitions with relevant BOQ/MTO and Technical Bid Evaluations as per relevant Technical Practices.
- Functional and Performance specification of complete system.
- Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Uptime Institute. ASHRAE, AHRI/ANSI/ARI, AMCA, SMACNA, NFPA, CIBSE and BS-EN Standards.
- Conversant with International Design Standards for Pharma Application such as ISO standards, ISPE, FDA etc
- Review, check and approve HVAC deliverables produced with in the HVAC project team as per Project Quality Plan, as required.
- Able to lead, motivate & guide team comprising Engineers & Designer
- Responsibility for quality of design for HVAC deliverables to satisfy all contractual requirements
- Providing technical solutions that meet project requirements and being able to agree these with client stakeholders
- Demonstrable detailed design capability that translates to an integrated, sustainable, energy efficient HVAC design
Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical Engineer with minimum 10 years in HVAC Design and Engineering.
- Experience in Design Engineering of Data Centres, Pharmaceutical plants, Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical , Chemical and have completed at least one full Data Centre project from concept to commissioning.
- Conversant with AutoCAD, Autodesk, REVIT and BIM and familiar with HVAC, design and drafting activities including 3D Model.
- Knowledge in energy conservation methodology for most cost effective and energy efficient system design.
- Knowledge of system controls and BAS functional requirements.
- Experience in firming up the equipment data sheet and required necessary calculation such as water and air side system calculation.
- Conversant with Hazardous area classification and requirements.
- Conversant with Biological Hazard classification and requirements.
- Knowledge of Green Mark procedures and ratings.
- Knowledge of LEED requirements and Certification will be added advantage.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.