United Kingdom - Lanarkshire, GlasgowJob Summary
We are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Structural Technician or Structural Engineer to join our Water, Ports and Power structures and heavy civil engineering design team in Glasgow.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team with exciting growth prospects. The individual will have the opportunity to develop their career and widen their responsibilities by working within a multi-disciplinary design team with a portfolio of varied and interesting project workload both locally and nationally.Minimum Requirements
- You will hold an accredited ONC and HNC qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Technically strong in the following aspects of structural engineering: structural inspections, basic structural design, structural detailing and RC detailing.
- Experience in structural design software such as, Autodesk Robot, TEKLA TEDDS and SCALE, or similar.
- Have experience in, REVIT Structures. This will include coordinating with other design disciplines as well as interoperability with other software packages.
- A sound understanding of safety, construction and operational considerations within design.
- Value and contribute to a strong Health and Safety culture.
- Have a good understanding and experience of quality processes and procedures within the design environment.
Your benefits will include:
- ProjectWise experience, but not essential.
- Water treatment works and wastewater treatment works experience.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - StructuralBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.