ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Performance Engineer
that can be based within commuting distance to an ENGIE office - either located in Overland Park, KS, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, Sacramento, CA, Pasadena, CA and Orange, CA. This position is responsible for support functions relating to renewable and energy efficiency performance betterment, facilities efficiency of monitoring and reporting (via automation), project performance measurements, and maintain supplier and service provider relationships as it relates to generation portfolio performance.
What you'll do:
- Help facilitate improvement / automation of operations, performance alarming and reporting tasks via Utility vision and Microsoft Office tools
- Work with field technicians and remote monitoring support personnel to monitor and evaluate equipment and system performance by examining and trending the results of condition-monitoring activities, reviewing equipment failures, analyzing availability/reliability information. Follow-up actions, based on identified problems, trends, and root cause determinations, are timely and effective
- Improve project performance by providing recommendations regarding availability, production and reliability issues/initiatives to Engie C&C Customer Care leadership
- Work with alarm ticketing system and help lead any improvement efforts
- Lead standardization of operations and maintenance, performance alarming and engineering processes including reporting functions
- Work with various internal and external groups including engineering and technical support personnel
- Support the Field Services Team in developing (RCA's) for equipment failures and work with OEM's to provide upgrades and develop implementation plans to remedy
- Manage equipment suppliers' technical resources to ensure focus on priorities and achieve performance improvement targets by being ENGIE's technical point of contact
- Support operational reviews, performance analysis, and system commissioning
- Ability to travel for short term assignments as required
- Act as a team member with C&C Customer Care and collaborate with members of the ENGIE team at other sites across various businesses
- Work multiple projects concurrently including supporting future business development projects as needed
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Desired working knowledge of renewable and energy efficiency equipment, and applicable SCADA control and HMI systems
- Possess strong engineering, analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills with the ability to plan and work independently
- Possess strong computer and analytical skills; expertise in Microsoft Office (excel pivot tables, advanced formula's)
- Provides strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver's license
Additional Information/Conditions: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to touch or feel and use tools. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, in the field, the employee is frequently exposed to heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 11, 2020