Work with Engie IT shared services and the University of Iowa ITS teams on various projects and initiatives to maintain a high level of system stability and uptime. Work with the Engie IT security team to ensure all cybersecurity requirements are met. Assist the automation, metering and controls team with the ICS network systems and equipment. Work with the local Engie employees and the Engie helpdesk to troubleshoot and resolve any computer related issues. Provide basic training and documentation for IT systems.
This position will help install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the utility industrial control systems (ICS) including the network, infrastructure and associated applications. This position will also support local Engie personnel and business IT infrastructure and software. This position is subject to 24-hour emergency call.
What you'll do:
- Strong working knowledge and skill to install, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server Operating (OS) Environment and Windows client OS
- Basic working knowledge and skill to maintain and troubleshoot Cisco switches and routers
- Basic working knowledge and skill to maintain and troubleshoot a local VMWare ESXi environment, including vCenter management
- Basic Working knowledge of SCADA systems and data historian's such as OSISoft PI
- Implement and maintain network, hardware and software releases, system upgrades and patches and ensure proper backups
- Ability to help assist in configuring servers, workstations, laptops, tablets, firewalls, and general network setup
- Maintain and troubleshoot local ICS Microsoft Active Directory (AD) environment
- Possess working knowledge of cybersecurity and endpoint protection solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve system service failures by identifying and analyzing the situation and provide corrective actions
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or computer science
- Minimum of two years' experience in IT systems engineering
- Self-motivated and work well independently
- Organization and multi-tasking skills that strike a balance among
- validation/verification, requirements analysis, customer interaction and project oversight
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 11, 2020