Baker Hughes has an opening for a Second Shift CNC Programmer in Houston, TX.Essential Responsibilities:
- Writing, testing and maintaining CNC programs for a wide variety of machining centers
- Provision of detailed set-up and tooling sheets
- Providing support to the manufacturing group in relation to amendments and updates on programs
- Ensuring that best practices are followed to maintain high levels of quality
- Assist with identifying, planning and coordinating specialized tooling or gauges necessary for component manufacture.
- Assist with investigating and resolving shop floor problems
- Assist the methods and planning departments as required
- Responsible for ensuring that all activities are conducted in line with all HSE requirements and procedures.
- Continuous process improvement & special projects as assigned.
- Ability to coach and mentor other team members when required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
- 3+ years' experience as a CNC Machinist
- 1+ experience working with CAD/CAM in a machining environment
- Skilled in the use of Solid Works CAD and/or Esprit CAM would be beneficial
- Skills in the accurate programming of CNC Machinery
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Analytical & Problem solving skills
- Organization skills
- Ability to understand complex manufacturing drawings and process instructions
- Ability of selecting best practice cutting tools and their application
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team environment
- Skills in the use of SAP would be beneficial
- Ability to plan and prioritize workloads coupled with ability to work under pressure
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office packages
Houston, TXAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.