Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking an Environmental Technician / Technologist with HSSE Team experience in water sampling / monitoring, permitting compliance and reporting within a mining / construction setting. This is a long-term, contract position during a construction project with a rotational schedule to a Northern Ontario mine site.
- Provide daily technical support and assistance directly related to construction supervision and other contractors/consultants in planning and execution of field activities in accordance with environmental project requirements and mitigation measures.
- Inspect, monitor, and reporting on all construction activities at the project site for environmental compliance and best management practices as they pertain to project commitments, permits and approvals.
- Execute field data collection for air and surface water quality sampling programs, including managing the sample preparation, packaging, and shipments to laboratories.
- Compile environmental and laboratory data, quality assurance and field level reporting and maintaining compliance records.
- Prepare environmental field reports, support developing compliance reports, and online reporting functions as required by project commitments.
Skills / Qualifications
- Educational and experience requirements include: College degree or technical diploma in a natural resource or science-based program, and preferably a minimum of 2 years of environmental field or construction experience
- Experience conducting audits/inspections associated with regulatory commitments and permit conditions to ensure compliance
- Working knowledge of environmental best practices, management systems and environmental monitoring
- Knowledge and experience with surface water sampling programs and working with large datasets
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams and environmental consulting firms
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic, independent, detail oriented, and self-managed individual willing to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary project team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Prepared for, attending, present, and keeping records of meetings and effectively communicate information with individuals, small group situations, and other employees of the organization
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.