Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Transportation Engineering Student for our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions group based in our Burlington, Ontario office with flexibility to work remotely. This opportunity is a for Winter 2021 session with possibility of extension.
Start your career at Wood!
At Wood your early career journey will be one of learning, discovery and development. You will drive your own career, get involved in the action from the word go, take on complex challenges and share innovative ways of working to enhance the performance of our customers. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact with an organization that truly cares about industry challenges and to making a difference in the communities in which we operate.
Wood is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and inclusive working environment. We recognize that each of us has many different diverse traits which shape our view of the world, our perspective and our approach.
- Assist with development of designs, sections and road alignment alternatives, development of design criteria
- Complete pavement marking and signage designs
- Assist with transportation network and traffic operations analysis
- Field visits and data collection
- Assist in preparation of proposals
- Attend meetings with senior engineering staff
- Liaise and coordinate with the project team
- Drafting of reports, technical memos and presentations
Skills / Qualifications
- You possess an appetite to learn and a willingness to jump in for on-the-job training.
- Applicants must have completed their 2nd year in a B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- Familiar with the use of design standards and guides and road design software would be beneficial
- Familiarity with transportation and traffic operations engineering manuals
- Previous work experience in a similar field is beneficial
- Membership in ITE considered beneficial
- Valid Drivers license
- Intellectually capable, demonstrates the application of theory in a practical context.
- Able to demonstrate a level of team working skills.
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop.
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm.
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude.
- Flexible, adaptable and open minded.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) with the ability to interact with a variety of levels in the organization including multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the project / team / client interfaces.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.