Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client is looking for a Health and Safety Advisor for a 12 month contract in the Fort Saskatchewan , AB. Individuals will need to be local to the area.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Review, demonstrate and provide leadership of the company's policies and codes
- Review the applicable occupational health and safety legislation and industry best practices
- Review of contractor provided corporate safety programs, project safety plans, hazard assessments, emergency response plans (general and task specific), and other health and safety programs and guidance documents
- Monitor complete field visits and observations to monitor worker compliance with applicable occupational health and safety standards
- Inform the construction management team of any special conditions and issues associated with construction duties
- Plan and facilitate health and safety audits and site inspections
- Facilitate and participate in emergency response tabletop exercises and drills, and emergency response tabletop and exercise debrief
- Lead or participate in the investigation of serious incidents
- Submit daily reports which highlight individual activities as well as project health and safety observations and action items
Previous education and experience required:
- 5+ years, directly related to large-scale oil and gas projects in a health and safety function, Petrochemical experience is a major asset
- Have a working understanding of applicable occupational health and safety legislation, standards, codes, and best practices
- Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Outlook, and Excel skills
- Maintain basic health and safety training including: Construction Safety Training System (2009), Standard First Aid, WHMIS 2015 and ground disturbance level II
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver's license.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.