Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Martinez, California, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.MartinezCalifornia
Assists Laboratory Manager in the day-to-day responsibilities of laboratory analyses at a local division office. The Assistant Laboratory Manager shall represent the policies, ethics, and culture of the company in a leadership role; assists and understudies managers through closely monitoring lab-related key performance indicators, specifically related to turn around time and accuracy of date to achieve or exceed budgeted requirements; supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in performing chemical and physical tests required for quality control of processes and products by performing the following duties.
- Ensures the laboratory has adequate resources to perform all aspects of work required.
- Ensures laboratory staff is adequately trained to safely perform all required job functions and that competency records are maintained.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies and procedures in the laboratory.
- Recommends expense savings measures.
- Champions the Business Management Quality System.
- Drives laboratory performance through communication with lab staff and management to promote empowerment and accountability.
- Obtains an in-depth knowledge of local market requirements.
- Understands customer requirements and organizes lab procedures, schedules and staffing to provide for meeting and exceeding those requirements.
- Supports the ISO certificate(s) and assists in the corrective/preventive actions process.
- Fosters customer confidence in Inspectorate laboratory work.
- Recommends measures to improve testing procedures, use of equipment, and needs for new equipment.
- Reviews local laboratory analyses and provides recommendations for the continuous improvement process.
- Handles required disciplinary matters in a fair and consistent manner and maintains open communication with the Lab Manager and the HR department.
- Represents Inspectorate by appearance and conduct; sets a leadership example by displaying integrity at all time; behaves ethically at all times.
- As directed, handles all disciplinary matters in a fair and consistent manner and maintains open communication with Division Manager and the HR department.
- As required, performs the duties of Lab Manager and/or Lab Technician.
- Establishes or adjusts work schedules to meet testing requirements and control costs.
- Carries out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures; Business Management System; Compliance and Ethics Policies; and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
- Manages Laboratory Supervisors/ Laboratory Technicians.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws; including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Prefer bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the normal knowledge, skill, and/or ability levels required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and draw and interpret graphical data.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to complex situations and able to prepare and/or follow instructions in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, smell and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (with assistance).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Depending on location site, while performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near explosive material and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and/or heat; possibly working in enclosed spaces.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.