Requisition ID: 231740 Requisition Posting End Date: 01/31/2021
Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia . The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt , Israel and Jordan . It will cover a total area of 26,500 km 2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea."
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders and companies will come to research, incubate and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways. Detailed Job Description Summary:
S enior engineering geologist to serve as part of design review team to support geological related activities including tunneling in rock, excavations in rock, ground investigations, and monitoring programs. Job Duties:
Qualifications/Experience Essential Technical Skills:
- Provide support to design review team for the following potential activities:
- Evaluate sites for potential geohazards (rockfalls/slides, seismic ground movement, seismogenic and non-seismogenic faulting, karst ground, voids/cavities, etc.).
- Evaluate stability requirements for rock excavations.
- Provide recommendations for geophysical surveys related to site investigation objectives.
- Provide expertise on active fault characterization.
- Conduct constructability assessments and geohazard safety issues.
- Plan, coordinate and prepare specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for subsurface exploration and material subcontractors.
- Review geotechnical subcontractor's reports and prepare comments and recommendations.
- Prepare geotechnical design basis reports.
- Coordinate work between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, the client, suppliers, contractors and other divisional groups.
- Review quantity estimates and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
Essential Behavioral Skills:
- M.S. degree in Engineering Geology or Geological Engineering, with 5+ years of relevant experience, or a Ph.D. in Engineering Geology or Geological Engineering and 3+ years of experience.
- Proficiency with computer applications such as (or equivalent to) Rocscience suite of software, Modflow, Global Mapper, and finite-element modeling of rock excavations.
- Proven skills in engineering geology, site investigation, geological mapping, geophysics, rock mechanics / rock engineering, geohazards and hydrogeology.
- Knowledge of construction methods and processes with respect to geological aspects of projects.
- Professional registration
• Knowledge/ability to communicate technical information in writing and orally; to interrelate effectively with individuals and teams.
Preferred Behavioral Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and changing priorities.
- Helps others and receives help from others in achieving goals.
- Acknowledges and values contribution from other team members.
- Handles tense situations without overreacting or being overly emotional.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Prior Middle East or Saudi Arabia experience.
- Oral and written Arabic language skills.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.