Requisition ID: 231640
- Relocation Authorized: National - Single
- Project No.: 00000 - Non Project
- Grade: 22-23
- Posting End Date:
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? [[cust_panelInterview]]
Project Information :
Bechtel is on the Northrop Grumman Corp. team preparing to deliver the U.S. Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system of inter-continental ballistic missiles and launch infrastructure. GBSD is a vital U.S. Air Force program designed to modernize the nation's aging force of inter-continental ballistic missiles, which make up the ground element of the nuclear deterrent. As part of the Northrop Grumman GBSD nationwide team, Bechtel will provide launch system design, construction, and integration.
A major contractor for the United States and allied governments, Bechtel has handled such efforts as chemical weapons demilitarization projects, missile-defense, infrastructure, base operations, procurement and project management, and restoration and recovery spanning half a century. We use our expertise to help our customers securely and effectively transform mission delivery.
We invite you to join our team for this very interesting opportunity!
The GBSD project is looking for a Deskside Support Technician to join the IS&T team.
This position performs moderately complex assignments that require initiative and independent judgment in the selection and use of established principles and procedures. Performs a range of work activities in a wide variety of contexts. Plans, schedules and monitors own work within a limited time horizon, using applicable methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards effectively with only occasional reference to others. Responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective and timely manner and expedites corrective actions. Works with client to define timeframe requirements. Fields customer questions and service requests via calls, voicemail, email, and walk-ins.
Location: Vandenberg Air Force Base , Lompoc, CA
- Resolves end user IT issues remotely, in person, or dispatch to appropriate IT specialists.
- Provides instruction to peers or customers as needed.
- Monitors customer issues and IT service delivery via customer calls and on-line monitoring tools.
- Escalates support issues appropriately.
- Provides end user support in a fast paced, technically challenging IT environment.
- Works at both a construction site and an office environment.
- Installs and upgrades software and performs regular maintenance on personal computers and printers.
- Documents support and diagnostic activities and accurately resolves and closes assigned trouble tickets by following customer support standards and procedures.
- Actively manages customer expectations through effective communications. Makes frequent contact with end users and customers to resolve problems and issues relating to information technology.
- Works collaboratively to assist other Service Center and Deskside Support team members, ensuring team performance goals are met.
Spearheads service improvement initiatives, as requested by management.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college; in lieu of a degree, 6 years of progressive, related work experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any security clearances required for this position
- Strong workstation hardware and software problem solving skills.
- Diplomatic skills in end user communication. Handles customer interactions in an accurate, effective and timely manner, and articulates ideas in clear & concise reports.
- Attention to quality, including accurate documentation of work completed.
- Must be able to work productively with little supervision.
- Must be able to physically move computers and associated hardware.
- Knowledge of Windows workstation hardware and software
- Knowledge of workstation imaging techniques and software
- Knowledge of MS Office and Internet Explorer
- Knowledge of networking
- Knowledge of infrastructure systems architecture concepts, configurations and standards
Bechtel's internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- Experience with ServiceNow (or other automated call center software) and multi-line phone systems.
- Experience in an IT Call Center troubleshooting user issues remotely.
- Experience using remote deployment tools to install and configure software, remove spyware, troubleshoot hardware and software, etc.
- Relevant IT certification preferable, such as A+, Network+ or MCP