Skills: Security, Architect
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Under broad direction, is recognized as a technical expert and a leader in multiple major cybersecurity systems and/or technologies.
- Owns the security technology portfolio, product road maps, and solution blueprints.
- Assesses emerging technologies and trends and makes recommendations on the direction of Halliburton's global cybersecurity strategy.
- Drives the assessment, proof-of-concept, and incubation lifecycle for all security technology.
- Provides cybersecurity technical direction for projects and/or new technology decisions.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architects (EA) and Product Architects to embed effective security controls and design within projects and ongoing operations.
- Consults with business partners on technology trends which will influence product decisions and future opportunities.
- Utilizes industry knowledge of business and technology trends to enhance business impact while defining cybersecurity architecture and technology requirements.
- Assists with risk mitigation and governance activities associated with ensuring security architecture compliance.
- Uses a broad and deep understanding of technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to guide development of solutions to problems and critical design issues.
- Takes a long-term perspective in addressing customer problems.
- Seeks to add value and looks for the long-term benefits for the customer.
- Position may require availability outside of normal working hours and beyond a normal work week of 40 hours.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of 12+ years of experience in IT security and/or infrastructure.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
- Innovative work-environment in a global company
- Competitive salaries and pension schemes
- Career opportunities both domestically and globally
- Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
- Focus on technology and further development
- Outstanding insurance coverage including private health coverage
- Occupational health service
- Excellent deals at one of the country's largest fitness centers
- Discounts on recreational activities including yoga, swimming and golf
- Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 89904
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.