Skills: Project Management, Logistics Management, Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Wood has an opportunity available for Busing Coordinators to support our construction team on our Project site near Gogama, ON to c oordinate the daily operations of the project's bus terminals in Timmins and in Sudbury. This position is NOT eligible for any living allowances and will be starting in January 2021.
Coordinate the daily operation of the project bus terminal facilities including:
- Health & Safety
- Implement project protocols and ensure health and safety standards are observed and practiced by all site employees, travellers, and visitors
- Monitor on-site security personnel and practices and report and liaison with Project HSSEA to ensure project standards are maintained
- Ensure terminal services operate efficiently and on schedule and promote a comfortable transit point for travellers
- Coordinate passenger arrival, screening and departure at Timmins and Sudbury terminals in conjunction with on-site security
- Monitor and ensure janitorial, sanitizing and waste management work is completed to satisfaction of project HSSE standards
- Monitor facility maintenance including walkway, roadway parking and snow clearing and sanding
- Represent the project as the on-site point of contact for travellers and visitors and relay questions and concerns to Wood HSSE and Site Services for resolution
- Maintain records, schedules and manifests of all transportation movements including airport pickups, bus types, headcounts, travellers, parcels, etc through the terminal
- Manage lost and found items
- Provide backup support for the Project Travel Coordinator and sister bus terminal
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 - 7 Years' experience scheduling air / land transportation
- Proven ability to coordinate the flow of personnel in a transportation and security setting and supervise supporting staff.
- Comfortable and effective in communicating with others and practiced in conflict resolution.
- Proactive and effective in recognizing opportunities for continual improvement and streamlining processes
- Computer literate with competencies in the MS Office Suite of software
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
- This position is NOT eligible for any living allowance. Candidates must live within reasonable commuting distance to Timmins or Sudbury
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.