Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Process Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a PAS (Process Automation Systems) Test Engineer to be based in Woking.
As part of the Tengizchevroil (TCO) FGP / WPMP Process Automation Team will be responsible for configuration testing, performing and coordinating the project Internal and Application Factory Acceptance Tests (IFAT and AFAT) and supporting Process Automation Dynamic Simulator (PA - DS) tests covering the following but not limited to.
- Review test procedures to ensure alignment with Control and Safeguarding Narratives. (C&SN), Safety requirement specifications (SRS) and Fire and Gas Specifications (F&G)
- Ensure Honeywell system setup and connected with Honeywell Virtual Engineering platform (VEP) and ready for the planned tests
- Visual inspection of equipment ready for power up
- Ensure all interfaces are ready for testing
- Ensure all test procedures are in place and being followed
- Undertake planned tests and accurately recording results and corrective actions
- Manage and interface with the client representative(s) during testing
- Provide progress reports to the project team
- Support the PAS execution and engineering teams both in the UK and India in planning and conducting configuration testing following Quality control procedures
- Perform a first level of diagnostics / fault finding and corrective actions referring to subject matter experts when needed
- If required participate in Site Acceptance tests (SATs)
- Provide site support as required working through the Technical Lead
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma in a relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Instrumentation & control)
- Familiar with Plant operations in Process Engineering or Automation & Control Systems within the oil / gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore or infrastructure industries
- Working experience of associated documentation such as Cause / Effects, P&IDs, Control Narratives, data sheets, FDS, DDS and test procedures
- Hands on experience with configuration of applications, testing and commissioning of Honeywell Safety Manager and Experion or TPS control systems
- Experience of Factory acceptance, site acceptance and pre - commissioning and commissioning support
- Experience of Integration and testing of process control systems with third party systems using standard industrial data communication protocol
Desired Experience / Skills:
- FS Engineer certified
- Familiar with Automation best practices as in ISA, NEC, IEC61511 & IEC61508, IEC61131, ISA88, ISA95, EEMUA 191, ISA - 18.2, IEC 62682, NEMA, ANSI, ASME, NFPA70 and API industry standards.
- Worked with remote office execution teams
- Hands on experience in the integration of multi - vendor automation solutions using open data communication protocols particularly OPC (Open Platform Communication)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.