At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services. Jacobs provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
We are recruiting a Senior Process Engineer to join the team in Birchwood.
This is a lead role whereby the candidate with be expected to lead and support delivery hence the individual should be able to accept and demonstrate long term commitment to previous work / companies and be prepared for internal and external challenge and scrutiny in all outputs.
This role requires a strong and successful interface with Integrated Design Team and other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. This will entail understanding and appreciating design decisions by others, challenging if appropriate and delivery of technical solutions, including;
- Gas Delivery Systems,
- Reagent Delivery Systems,
- DSEAR Assessment, Process safety
- Flowsheets, PFDs, EFDs, S&IDDs, Instrument Process Data Sheets, Process Data Sheets
- leadership in engineering function,
- custodian of resources but also self-performance
- a record of successful project scope estimation and delivery, influencing professional engineers, and provision of strategic guidance across a portfolio of projects and programmes.
The senior engineer role requires wide of discipline knowledge of process systems, chemical preparation, gaseous exchanges and stored solids, and their delivery to facilitate realisation of engineering design of systems and plant with a mind set for construction and commissioning in a nuclear environment.
They will need a drive to deliver and be able to specify appropriate design requirements for both current and potential developments at the appropriate level of detail for preliminary and detail design phases.
- Bachelor and/or Master in Engineering, with at least 7 year experience in the Discipline Good written/read English Engineering and CAD tools, preferably within the nuclear industry but certainly within a related transferrable industry such as the oil and gas processing/refining sector or water treatment arena for examples.
- Chartered status preferred
- Experience and familiarity with designing for delivery/implementation and associated project construction and execution.
- Experience of and ability to design for manufacture.
- Familiarity with and application of current standards within their own skilled arena and an overarching appreciation of multi-design interactions and interfaces.
- Familiarity with modern CAE packages and interfaces for process plant design and future construction including an appreciation of BIM.
- Evidence of design capability working as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Confidence and demonstrable capability to be able to work with minimal supervision to meet end outcomes or clearly and defined targets and engage with and challenge all parties.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero'
by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM
(Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall
. We are also Disability Confident Committed
; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks,
centred oninclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.