Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Location: Dallas- Fort Worth, TX Area
Job Type: As Needed; Part-Time
We are currently looking to hire a Civil Engineer that has experience with reviewing SITE DEVELOPMENT PLANS to ensure compliance with planning, transportation and engineering standards. This includes reviewing plans for consistency with the City's overall plans, adopted land use policies, development standards, and other related public infrastructure standards. Examples of public infrastructure are, but not limited to, City water or sewer mains, public streets, public sidewalks, public drainage facilities, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Performs engineering analysis to include plan review and inspection, and prepares technical reports, and provides comments related to planning, design, and construction.
- Performs basic engineering calculations, analysis, and modeling.
- Meets and coordinates with facility staff, consultants, contractors, government agencies, and utilities companies.
- Reviews existing drawings, plans, and specifications for new facilities and construction as assigned.
- Monitors construction projects and coordinates activities and information as directed. Ensures conformance with state and federal laws and City codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or directly related engineering field.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer by the State of Texas
- Municipal organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Professional Engineering principles, practices, methods and standards.
- Engineering design principles required in planning construction projects.
- Safety procedures and use of personal protective equipment and ability to apply safety principles.
- Wastewater treatment processes.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.