Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hamilton Township, New Jersey, United States
Wood is seeking qualified Environmental Inspectors (EIs) for various pipeline and other energy infrastructure projects throughout Pennsylvania. EI positions will be staffed on a per project basis and will involve full-time work, likely exceeding 40 hours per week, for the duration of a given project.
Key Responsibilities :
- Conduct on-site environmental inspections to ensure compliance with environmental regulations, permit conditions, project plans, and other environmental commitments
- Preparation of written inspection reports including photo documentation, construction status reports, compliance tracking logs, etc.
- Provide guidance regarding proper installation, maintenance, and removal of erosion and sediment control measures
- Conduct and assist with environmental training
- Correspondence with contractor, agency, and client personnel
- Conducting any required sampling of soil, groundwater or air
- Onsite waste tracking/management and coordinating transportation, and/or disposal of/for various media
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of pipeline construction activities with experience working around heavy equipment
- Strong understanding of Industry Standards relating to erosion and sediment control practices, wetland crossings, stream crossings, agricultural lands, cultural resources, sensitive species and other environmental aspects of pipeline construction projects
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, drawings and other technical documents
- Knowledge of environmental laws and regulations pertaining to pipeline construction projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work long hours outdoors under various field conditions
- Computer proficiency
- Valid U.S. Driver's License
- Have or obtain project specific or client required certifications or training
- BA/BS Degree in Environmental Science, Biological Resources, or related field
- OSHA 40 hour certification
Physical Demands :
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- Field activities may require working in specialized protective equipment supplied by employer - candidate must be physically capable of performing tasks in such equipment
- Will lift equipment and carry laboratory samples which requires the ability to lift 40 pounds
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.