Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
- We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
- Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
- We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
- Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
- Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Continuous Improvement Lean Manufacturing Specialist will provide hands-on leadership to deploy, implement and drive the Lean Manufacturing Program at the Greenville Manufacturing plant. This position will spearhead the conversion to a lean manufacturing organization driving the implementation of Value Stream Management, 6S, TPM, Standard Work, Kanban/Pull Systems, Root-Cause Problem Solving, Quality at the Source, Lean Daily Management, SMED, POKE-YOKE, Just-in-time, cellular manufacturing, A3 Problem Solving and similar tools to create to drive and sustain a new culture of continuous improvement and manufacturing efficiency.
This position will work closely with other functions in the plant including Customer Service, Warehousing, Production, Maintenance, Procurement, HSE, Finance, Manufacturing Engineering, Human Resources and Quality.
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains safety and service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business.
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company policies and procedures, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual (QSM), Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions and ensures awareness of applicable QSM requirements including quality policy, quality objectives, and the role of personnel to support the QSM.
- Coordinate the deployment and roll out of the Lean Manufacturing Program with Plant Manager and plant leadership team, including developing, deploying, and sustaining lean manufacturing processes.
- Assist Plant Manager with Hoshin Karin Process and A3 thinking
- Develop and drive Value Stream Mapping (VSM), including developing VSM continuous improvement road maps and action plans
- Identify, create, and sustain standard processes throughout the organization
- Implement Daily Shop Floor Management (DSFM).
- Identify process improvement opportunities in collaboration with other functional leaders, employees and customers and categorize opportunities as improvement vs action activities, projects, or kaizen events.
- Facilitate lean daily management, promote initiatives to create Lean culture including Gemba walk, 6S/visual management.
- Develop, deploy and sustain lean manufacturing processes.
- Support both process and transactional productivity improvement or waste reduction projects.
- Provide plant leadership with awareness, knowledge and guidance of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools to support achievement of business objectives.
- Maintains effective level of communication with a broad range of stakeholders in order to plan activities to support business requirements.
- Ensure alignment and communication within Product Lines and Operations.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Teach various sections of the lean training curriculum.
- Mentor, influence and develop potential lean practitioner candidates.
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Provide the necessary leadership to promote change and lean transformation efforts throughout the assigned Manufacturing plant
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in lean manufacturing as a continuous improvement leader, lean lead, black belt, or similar role
- Proven experience as Kaizen Facilitator
- Successful practical experience in VSM, 6S, 5Why, TPM, Standard Work, Mistake Proofing, SIPOC, Process Mapping, Kanban, SMED, Types of Waste & Waste Reduction, Visual Management, Shop Floor Management, Hoshin Planning, Cellular Manufacturing, PDCA and/or DMAIC cycles
- Certified Lean Practitioner or Six Sigma Black Belt is strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge and the ability to teach VSM, 6S, 5Why, TPM, Standard Work, Mistake Proofing, SIPOC, Process Mapping, Kanban, SMED, Types of Waste & Waste Reduction, Visual Management, Shop Floor Management, Hoshin Planning, Cellular Manufacturing, PDCA and/or DMAIC cycles
- Excellent leadership traits with the ability to inspire and motivate the people around you.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and effectively communicate at all levels from the shop floor to senior management.
- Hands- on, energetic person who spends time on the shop floor working to engage & sustain employees in a Lean culture
- The ability to be an "ambassador of change"
- Strong organizational and computer skills, including experience in MS Office and manufacturing software
- The ability to shift priorities and manage time in a fast-paced environment
- Tenacious in learning the specifics of the business
- Strong training and presentation skills