Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently recruiting for a PMC Senior Civil Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry to work on ADNOC Gas Processing - Sales Gas Network FEED project. Successsful candidate will be responsible for below duties;
- Work independently in the group and lead Civil and structural Design Engineers and work in a team of engineering and design office
- Apply experience, engineering techniques, codes, standards, analysis calculations, specification, company procedures, sound judgment, and design criteria to conduct his work
- Ensure that all civil and structural works done at company are per approved specifications
- Prepare quality assurance and control documents for civil / structural jobs
- Field inspection of work activities, surveying and measurement taking
- Act Lead Engineer for civil / structural related projects / jobs
- Prepare drawings for design and produce himself in electronic format. Also, if work load increases, he shall produce sketches to allow designers / draft men to draw on electronic format, he will then verify the drawings
- Work directly with project engineers, designers, CAD operators, and draft men to ensure work activities are coordinated. He may also be required to supervise and train these personnel
- Use software related to civil / structural for design, calculations and preparation of design packages (i.e., Staadpro)
- Responsible in planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices
Skills / Qualifications
- BE in Civil Engineering
- 15 plus years of Experience in Civil and structural design
- Specialist Engineer in Engineering Design and Detailing of Civil and Structural works of Oil and Gas projects
- Extensive FEED experience is a MUST
- Extensive experience in Compressors / Pipeline type projects is a MUST
- Candidates in country preferred
Amec Foster Wheeler ( www.amecfw.com ) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. Employing around 35,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2016 revenues of £5.4 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, power and process, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.