Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Reliability Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Location: Houston, TX or Hawthorne, CA
Job Title: Reliability Engineer (Oil Conditioning Monitoring)
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for the analysis and interpretation of tests results and making maintenance recommendation to clients. They are also responsible for interfacing with customers to answer questions about the testing and recommendations made.
The Reliability Engineer is will be accountable for ensuring their knowledge in how to review data produced by the laboratory and to compare it with all information available for the samples submitted in order to produce a thorough analysis based on the facts available and any inferences that can be made is exceptionally thorough, to the point of being able to teach and mentor lower tier DAs and customers effectively. Must understand appropriate testing for the array of sample types and equipment we receive and the purposes for which the samples were submitted so as to ensure the results provide actionable maintenance recommendations. Should have a thorough understanding of several types of higher tier testing and analysis review work such as grease, filter, refrigerant, microscopic, etc. They will also be capable of supporting other business needs as experience and professional development goals require up to and including public speaking and/or customer site visits.
- Interpret test data, analyze results and make maintenance recommendations to customers.
- Prepare and authorize certificates of analysis for customers.
- Maintain an average 250 sample per day analysis rate.
- Responsible for data quality and accuracy.
- Responsible for knowing all aspects of lab testing and data analysis process.
- Daily fielding of incoming sample questions from internal and external sources.
- Additional projects and duties as business or professional development dictate.
- Review and mentor others on less common analysis types.
- Support the lab as needed and as experience allows regarding equipment maintenance, repair, and operation.
- Support sales & marketing as needed and as experience allows regarding site visits, program reviews, public speaking and writing opportunities, etc.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 year lab or related experience.
- Preferred Certifications: CLS - Certified Lubrication Specialist (STLE, Society of Tribology and Lubrication Engineers) LLA II - Laboratory Lubricant Analyst Level II (ICML, International Council for Machine Lubrication)
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience in the fluid analysis industry preferred.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook skills.
- Effective understanding of latest technologies, methodology, & technological application.
- Ability to write technical content.
- Capable of working at a computer for long periods of time.
- Effectively communicate issues to other team members.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.