United States of America - Texas, HoustonJob Summary
AECOM is seeking a Sustainable Economics Analyst. This position can sit in our Houston, TX, Dallas TX, Chicago, IL or Coral Gables, FL office.
- Researches local and regional economic issues, and provides consultation regarding the development of dynamic regional and local economies, as well as urban and rural regeneration. Proposes solutions to issues such as labor markets, education and skills, deprivation and social inclusion, inward investment and business development.
- May draft and prepare reports based on project outcomes.
- Experienced professional who continues to develop skills and areas of expertise.
- Handles many different types of projects and work due to a strong generalist background.
- Has a good understanding of responsibilities and workflow.
- May be responsible for aspects of project or have significant technical role but is not yet lead in these areas; final authority usually rests with a more senior staff member.
- Possesses excellent technical skills and strong personal initiative.
- Work reflects high quality and standards, innovation and creativity; develops solutions for client projects.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.Minimum Requirements
BA/BS + 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in economics, urban planning, public policy analysis, business, or a related field with a focus on sustainability
- Professional experience in urban, real estate, or environmental economics, urban planning, public policy analysis, business administration and/or policy modeling/ design
What We Offer
- Sponsorship is not offered with this position
- Relocation is not offered with this position
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Chicago, IL - 303 E Wacker Drive, US - Coral Gables, FL - Suite 900 , 2 Alhambra Plaza, US - Dallas, TX - 13355 Noel RoadClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.