United Kingdom - Derbyshire, ChesterfieldJob Summary
AECOM's thriving Water business is delivering a diverse range of projects. We work with Water Companies, the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and private clients to make a real difference to communities.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer to join our Water Engineering team to help deliver a range of large and complex water projects.
Alongside our strong multi-disciplinary water team, you will deliver varied and challenging projects for a range of clients and work collaboratively to solve engineering problems and deliver benefits to the communities that we serve.
You will be responsible for the delivery of complex tasks and projects, being able to manage the budget and programme for these tasks and projects. You will also support the development of junior members of the team, managing their input into projects and mentoring them.
Previous experience on similar project work in the UK water sector would be advantageous, including in areas such as: engineering assessments; options appraisals; engineering calculations; economic appraisal; outline and / or detailed design of wastewater / water treatment schemes; flood risk management; drainage schemes; hydraulic modelling.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in relevant Engineering field or equivalent qualification, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Post-qualification experience within the water sector working for a consultancy.
- Experience of undertaking engineering assessments, options appraisals, engineering calculations and / or economic appraisal.
- Experience of outline and / or detailed design, preferably of wastewater / water treatment schemes and / or flood risk management/ assessment or drainage schemes.
- Ability to deliver reports, drawings and contract documents relating to flood risk management, drainage and water industry projects.
- Successful delivery of projects to budget and programme.
- Delegating tasks and technical mentoring of junior team members.
- Experience using GIS (ArcGIS / MapInfo / QGIS), AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D (or similar) and Microdrainage software.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with internal and external Design Team regarding all relevant technical and other information.
- Able to represent AECOM at client, design team and progress meetings throughout the course of the design and construction stages of the project.
- Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients
- Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients including adhering to Industry and Client Design Standards.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and technical advice to support and supervise junior staff.
- Flexible to travel to other AECOM and client sites and offices.
Your benefits will include:
- Experience of performing hydraulic modelling using ICM / Flood Modeller TUFLOW / HEC-RAS/ ESTRY.
- Awareness of hydrology including FEH, ReFH2
- Awareness of the planning process.
- Awareness of relevant legislation and design standards
- Experience of working for a Water Company framework consultant in a related role.
- Experience of preparing Flood Risk Assessments and surface water drainage strategies including the design of Sustainable Drainage Systems.
- Chartered, or aiming to become Chartered, with a relevant institution e.g. ICE, CIWEM.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Leeds, UK - Manchester - 1 New York StreetClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.