United States of America - Florida, Coral GablesJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a talented Sustainable Economics Manager for our Buildings + Places group in either our Coral Gables, FL, Houston, TX or Dallas, TX office.
This position is anticipated to begin in January 2021.
The selected candidate will join the Economics + Advisory Practice within the Sustainable Economics team which helps public and private sector clients understand their vulnerabilities to climate change and prioritize investments to support mitigation goals and adaptation strategies. Our team promotes socioeconomic and environmental sustainability in infrastructure, urban design, city planning, and policy projects. This is accomplished through employing rigorous economic techniques and developing innovative analytical approaches to providing solutions for delivering sustainability in varied domestic and international contexts.
Qualified candidates will have education and/or professional background in sustainability and/or natural resource planning, urban and real estate economics, urban planning, or policy modeling/design. The candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in sustainability, with a particular emphasis on quantitative analytical approaches to developing innovative solutions to complex challenges facing cities and regions
Example Project Types:
- Cost-benefit analysis for climate change vulnerability and action and adaptation plans
- Triple bottom line / sustainable return on investment assessments
- Socioeconomic analysis for environmental impact report
- Economic and fiscal impact analysis as it relates to regulatory policies and programs (e.g., greenhouse gas)
- Market analysis for strategic planning projects
- Pro forma and financial feasibility analysis for urban redevelopment or resilience-related infrastructure investments
- Economic revitalization plans for communities impacted by climate change, extreme weather, or other shocks and strains
- May draft and prepare reports based on project outcomes.
- Handles many different types of projects and work due to a strong generalist background.
- Has a good understanding of responsibilities and workflow.
- May be responsible for aspects of project or have significant technical lead role; final authority usually rests with a more senior staff member.
- Possesses excellent technical skills and strong personal initiative. Work reflects high quality and standards, innovation and creativity; develops solutions for client projects.
- Continues to develop supervisory skills and may be asked to provide guidance to more junior staff.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.Minimum Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Urban Planning, Public Policy Analysis, Business, or a related field with a focus on sustainability + 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.Preferred Qualifications
- Professional experience in urban, real estate, or environmental economics, urban planning, public policy analysis, business administration and/or policy modeling/ design
- Master's degree from an accredited university in a related field.
- 7+ years Senior Analyst Classification of professional experience at a planning and economics consulting firm, or equivalent
- Experience with other quantitative/statistical programs such as STATA, R, Python
- Experience with economic impact modeling tools such as RIMS II, IMPLAN, REMI
- Experience with ArcGIS and other spatial analysis tools
- Experience presenting and developing content for proposals, interacting with clients, having leadership on discreet technical tasks, presenting professional work at meeting, workshops and industry conferences
- Spanish speaking and writing
What We Offer
- Sponsorship is not offered with this position
- Relocation is not offered with this position
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Dallas, TX - 13355 Noel Road, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy FreewayClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.