ENGIE has an immediate opening for an Auxiliary Operator
located that will be based in Boston, MA
. This position assists the Watch and Assistant Watch Engineers in the operation and routing operating maintenance of steam, chilled water, and electrical generating equipment for MATEP, LLC, satellite facilities, and utility distribution system. Operates equipment from local control stations and performs regular inspection tours of the plant distribution system, maintains logs, monitors instrument readings and equipment operation, and performs miscellaneous related duties.
What you'll do:
- Assists in the operation and routine operating maintenance of boilers and plant auxiliary including fuel oil, water treatment, cooling water, compressed air, chilled water, condensate and feedwater systems, and related equipment.
- Performs regular inspection tours of the plant and distribution system including underground tunnels and electrical power systems.
- Maintains logs and other operating records and advises Shift Supervisor of system problems.
- Takes corrective action, obtaining advice and direction from Assistant Watch Engineers, Watch Engineers, and the Shift Supervisor, as necessary.
- Performs routine operating maintenance, including cleaning of equipment and plant work areas.
- Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices and perform work in accordance with recognized trade and company standards and, where applicable, local, state, and federal laws.
What you bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one to two years applicable experience.
- Must have valid Commonwealth of Massachusetts Second Class Fireman's License or a higher-grade Massachusetts Stationary Engineer's license.
- Proficiency with database, spreadsheet, email, and word processing software helpful.
- Microsoft Office and Windows latest software experience preferred.
- Familiarity with MAXIMO maintenance CMMS program, helpful.
- Requires individual with a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be detail oriented and able to take direction
- A willingness to acquire new skills and utilize technology to streamline processes and problem solve is essential.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver's License preferred
- May be required to work relief, off shift, and emergency coverage; nights, weekends, and/or other as needed
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to extremes or hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 8, 2020