Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A strong leader and subject matter expert to support SAP CO, SAP SL, and various internally built cost allocation programs. The applicant who has proven experiences delivering and managing small projects with a focus on being a subject matter expert. The applicant would interact with internal customers to resolve issues, coordinate development activities, and perform testing on developed resolutions.
- Under general supervision, responsible for the development, maintenance, and/or support of application(s) in an assigned technology, major system, or functional area (e.g., SAP CO, SAP Special Ledger).
- Provides assistance in analysis work leading to requirements/specifications, estimates, and system designs.
- Participates in programming, system testing, documentation, system deployment, training, and project setup/support, often involves performing project setups, analyses, designs, etc., for/with customers.
- Similar duties are often associated with the installation and configuration of applications licensed from third parties.
- Performs own work and provides assistance to others as directed.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in CS, MIS, BA or Engineering and 4 years of related experience in Systems Development and/or Applications Support which includes experience in Analysis, Design, Programming, Production Selection, Maintenance and/or Support and a working knowledge of functional area and associated applications and information technologies.
- Self-starter, capable of managing small projects with limited oversight, while managing expectations of internal customers on delivery timelines.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1), their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Applications Analyst/Developer III and Senior Applications Analyst/Developer roles.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 90057
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Information Technology
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.