Skills: Design Engineer, HVAC
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate HVAC Designer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing HVAC design support on our major projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Designing and drafting of general arrangements, equipment and auxiliary components in 2D and 3D drawing environments for industrial plants and related infrastructure
- Preparing conceptual HVAC system design for industrial plants
- Preparing HVAC material take-offs
- Preparing project documents and reviewing those prepared by others for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Designing experience in diesel/propane fuel and fire protection is definitely an asset.
- Sizing HVAC equipment, heat recovery equipment, air systems, hydronic systems, natural gas piping, plumbing systems
- Demonstrating effective organizational skills and handling multiple tasks independently, and as part of a team
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with project management, area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to coordinate and ensure the compatibility of design
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff, including assigning work and evaluating technical competence
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Design Technology
- 7+ years proven HVAC experience with AutoCAD and excellent knowledge of 3D design/drafting
- PDMS/E3D experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.